DIY Balloon Number Mosaics
Balloon Mosaics are on-trend this year.
What’s not to love about these gorgeous balloon filled frames? A fantastic way to highlight a birthday milestone, new year celebration or anniversary.
You don't need any craft or balloon decoration experience to be able to create your gorgeous balloon mosaic.
Balloon Mosaics make a unique statement on the cake table or as a centrepiece. Use them alone or grab multiplies to create the numbers your need.
How long does it take to put a kit together?
Most numbers take 45 minutes from start to finish.
How does it stand up?
All our kits include a rear stand, which is easily attached with hot glue. Some numbers require this additional support, others it is optional but advised, particularly if outside. You can also place a small weighted object onto the stand to help it from blowing over.
How many balloons do I need?
The number of balloons will vary, depending on the number and style you are looking to achieve. All our kits include 44 mini balloons which we have found to be the perfect amount for a full looking number.
How long before the party can I construct my Balloon Mosaic?
We use the best quality balloons in our kits, and you can expect your balloon mosaic to last a few days. However the balloons are at their best for the first day so we recommend assembling as close to your party as possible. It is perfectly fine to assemble your kit the day before your event. Just keep it indoors in a cool, dark place if possible prior to the event.
What is included in the kit?
Our kits include:
- 44 Mini 100% biodegradable latex Balloons
- 100 Glue Dots
- Step-By-Step Instructions
- Backing made of Foamboard approx 60cm high
- Corrugated 15cm wide cardboard for sides
Have your own balloons? Simply purchase the pre cut frame which includes instructions, foamboard backing and corrugated cardboard sides.
What supplies are required?
You will need a couple of things to help pop the kit together.
- DIY Mosaic Kit, which can be purchased here
- Low temp glue gun & glue (you can also use a standard temp glue gun, just beware of fingers burns!) can be purchased here
- Balloon Pump can be purchased here
How easy are the kits to pop together?
Our kits are easily assembled within 4 steps.
- Unpack the box and fold out the design to be flat. Using hot glue attach the included back strips over the rear lines.
- Apply hot glue in small sections to the outer edge of the template, bend the included corrugated cardboard roll while following the curves. Use scissors to cut excess strip.
- Smaller balloons of various sizes are perfect for mosaics. Use the hand pump to blow up the balloons, with 1,2 or 3 pumps being all that’s needed.
- Attach the balloons using glue dots. Use smaller balloons to cover the gaps.
Ready to create your own? Check out our how-to video here: